Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Graylock is the new Kin Leader!
Latest topics
» Kinship Absences
What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:01 am by Thorri

» Graylock is your new Kin Leader!
What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:59 am by Thorri

» Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood
What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:22 pm by Thorri

» Leaving the Game
What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:42 am by Argothir

» Stepping Down.
What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:22 am by Mythgar

» What are we doing?
What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:08 pm by Mythgar

» The Laurelin Herald
What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:44 am by Mythgar

» Introduction Thread
What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:40 pm by Thorri

» The Steward of The Neránians
What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:32 am by Mythgar

Song & Verse

UK Current Time (GMT)
US Current Time (EST)
Lord of The Rings Links
LoTRO Europe Community

LotRO MMO Database

LotRO Wiki

The Fat Lute (LotRO Music)

Ventrilo Server

What are the Journals and how do they work?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mythgar

Mythgar

Character sheet
Race: Race of Man
Class: Captain

What are the Journals and how do they work? Empty
PostSubject: What are the Journals and how do they work?   What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:19 am

The Kin-Journals (or just 'Journals') are an In-Character role-playing tool for the players of the kin to give their characters more weight in the over-all story arc of The Neránians and also to get prominent events included in the lore of the Kinship.

Whether they be journals, diaries, reports to a superior, poems or anything else that might fit into the personal writings of a member of The Neránians, it goes here. This is not the same as a short story which describes in narrative the events of what happened to a character from a second (or even third) - person perspective, but is rather the first-hand accounts of the character in their own words.

Please be aware that any info written in the journals must be done in-character and will be considered as such.

Initially, only Cubella and Edhewenar have journals as it was their joint idea to create them, but if you think you'd like to write one for your character, please reply to this thread and I'll create one for you.
Back to top Go down
https://neranian.darkbb.com
bellethriel

bellethriel

PostSubject: Re: What are the Journals and how do they work?   What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:18 pm

I can't tell u how much i really enjoyed my first bit of RP with u (Myth) and Argo y'day!!

thanks for helping me along and for being understanding of my n00bishness Very Happy

I'm really surprised how well i'm getting hooked on this RP lark and was wondering if i could have a journal too?

(though u may need to keep an eye on me and make sure it's all IC and stuff)

Oh and one last thing, how the ehck do the dates work? i know what TA means but how do u know what year and month etc it is?

Love Belle xxx
Back to top Go down
Dugo

Dugo

PostSubject: Re: What are the Journals and how do they work?   What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:52 pm

Well today is 30th may 2009 in real life. You just change may into september and you have 30th September 3018 TA in-game.
Back to top Go down
Mythgar

Mythgar

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What are the Journals and how do they work?   What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 4:10 pm

bellethriel wrote:
I can't tell u how much i really enjoyed my first bit of RP with u (Myth) and Argo y'day!!

thanks for helping me along and for being understanding of my n00bishness Very Happy

I'm really surprised how well i'm getting hooked on this RP lark and was wondering if i could have a journal too?

(though u may need to keep an eye on me and make sure it's all IC and stuff)

Oh and one last thing, how the ehck do the dates work? i know what TA means but how do u know what year and month etc it is?

Love Belle xxx

Well considering we tend to refer to you lovingly as "the walking lotro encyclopedia", having you call yourself a nOOb made me chuckle no end! It was a great little bit of RP and considering it was your first go you should really give yourself a pat on the back!

In fact all the RP has been great so far, nobody has dropped out of character even once, accidently or not. TOR wont know what's hit it at this rate!

With regards to a journal, yes of course you may! I'll make you onr right after I finish this post - if you're at all worried about remaining in-character or anything else, you can always PM the each journal entry first and I'll let you know if I spot anything before you post it up.

Lastly, with regards to the Date, Dugo is quite right:

The game starts in 3018 TA (Third Age) and although the date is not 100% exact, the nearest I can get is September 19th - 23rd, so I put it at September 21, 3018 TA for ease of reference.

To keep things simple (I am a bit simple! jocolor ) All I've done is keep the day the same and replaced "May" with "September" and "2009 AD" with "3018 TA".

So June 1, 2009 for us will be October 1, 3018 TA in Middle Earth.
Back to top Go down
Argothir

Argothir

PostSubject: Re: What are the Journals and how do they work?   What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:56 pm

Oooooo nice idea, yeah put me down for a journal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mythgar

Mythgar

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What are the Journals and how do they work?   What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:51 pm

Argothir wrote:
Oooooo nice idea, yeah put me down for a journal. Very Happy

Consider it done Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the Journals and how do they work?   What are the Journals and how do they work? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are the Journals and how do they work?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Role-Playing :: Kin-Journals :: About the Kin-Journals-
Jump to: